Home Modification Funding Sources
- See your personalized monthly payment options within minutes and without affecting your credit score.
- We make it easy for you to find monthly payment options for your project
- Loan amounts up to $100,000
- Affordable monthly payment options
- Funding within 1-3 days
- No prepayment penalties
- No home equity required
- Find convenient monthly payment options for your project. See your personalized payment plans without affecting your credit score now.
CLICK HERE FOR ADDITIONAL RESOURCES
There are several federal resources that can assist with funding of your remodel at Home Modification Solutions. Please call us and we’ll be happy to help. To aid in your research we have put together this initial list of sources for your consideration. Each program will have its own guidelines and requirements, and you will need to find the best fit for your individual circumstances and needs.
The easiest way to do home modifications, if you have enough funds, is to pay for them yourself. An AARP Fact Sheet (March 2010) reports that about 80 percent of homeowners bear the full costs of making home modifications. Frequently, people use their own money plus funds from another source. However, anything beyond self-funding will mean that you will need to follow the rules set down by each funding agency or organization.
If the home modification meets certain conditions, it may be tax deductible. Part of the expense of building a ramp or modifying the bathroom for accessibility, or other modification, may be deductible if they increase the resale value of the property and have been prescribed as medically necessary. Consult a tax professional and order a free copy of IRS Publication 502 for more information.
Home Modification Benefits can cover qualified services to help you avoid moving to a facility. Covered services include widening doorways; building ramps; restructuring bathroom facilities to accommodate wheelchairs; or purchasing, renting, or leasing durable medical equipment for use in your home.
Your medical equipment supplier or contractor may also be of assistance in your search for grants, donations or low interest loans to help with your project. Home Modification Solutions can also help you find benefits and grants to assist you. Your Independent Living Solutions and Accessible Home Modifications maybe closer than you think.
Access Home Modification Program
Center for Accessible Housing (CAH)
Foundations and Donor’s Forums
Private Mortgage and Home Loans
United Cerebral Palsy Association
Centers for Independent Living
Home and Community-based Medicaid Waiver Programs
USDA Rural Housing Home Repair Loan and Grant Program
US Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Home Loan Guaranty Services
Worker’s Compensation and Private Insurance
Home modification can be included as part of a Workers Compensation claim and rehabilitation program.
- State Medicaid Insurance
- Private Insurance
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance
- Veterans Administration
- Vocational Rehabilitation Departments
- Local/Regional Funding Resources-
This information is for general guidance only. Consult with payers to determine the exact extent of coverage for lifts and accessories.
- Plan for Achieving Self-Support (PASS)
- USDA Rural Development, Section 502
- Veterans with disabilities
- The S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD Homes)
- The Accessible Customized Environments Program (ACE)
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS
- Federal Medicaid Waiver programs are available and variable on a state or local level.
- Federal Title XXI Social Security funds are available and variable on a state or local level.
- The Federal Older Americans Act
- Check with your State for special, low interest loans and grants.
- State Vocational Rehabilitation program
- Check for State sales tax exemptions and deductions